A compact device to help determine stress the levels of your body by measuring key parameters:
● Biochemical/hormonal blood count
● Sweat analysis
● Heart rate, heart rate variability,
● Blood oxygen saturation
Form: bracelet, patch, ring.
1. Comprehensive assessment on the work of internal organs and biochemical composition of human blood. Measurement of organ readings that are regulated by the autonomic nervous system and are not subject to conscious control: heart work, breathing intensity, electrical activity of the skin, measurement of hormone levels in the blood.
2. In-house development of a non-invasive method of determining cortisol levels in the blood.
The stress meter determines the level of stress and its effect on human health. It allows us to monitor changes in the emotional state over time. Helps to determine the source of anxiety, helps to balance the psychological and physical state.
Devices available on the market offer identification of stress level by one or two parameters: mainly heart rate and heart rhythm variability.
The device under development takes readings of 4-6 parameters at the same time. It increases the accuracy of the data by several times.
● Assessment of stress levels in professions associated with increased responsibility for people's lives: pilots, bus drivers, train operators.
● Work with autistic children, children with Down's syndrome, with patients in intensive care units and patients who don't have the ability to talk about their condition.
● Working with adolescents, helping to rehabilitate people who have suffered emotional distress.
● Support and rehabilitation of athletes
● Use in daily life for anyone living in a modern stressful environment.
Stress measurement standard
The device can serve as a tool for defining standards and allow to measure stress and become an analogue of thermometer, tonometer, pulse oximeter in the field of psychophysiological diagnostics of human health.
Wearable devices that measure stress by one/two parameters: www.myfeel.co, empatica.com, thepip.com, feelzing.com, apolloneuro.com, biofourmis.com, stresschecker.com
Mobile apps (mood trackers): Modern Health, Unmind, Lyra Health etc.#
In 2021, the global market for following sectors amounted to: Wellness - $6.8 trillion. Fitness trackers - $59 billion. HealthTech - $520 billion, Digital Health - $220 billion.
Sources: Global Wellness Economy Monitor, GfK, Markets and Markets, Research and Markets, Gallup: State of the Global Workplace.
Relevance of development
In 2020, the American Medical Association published data regarding the effects of stress on the "average American:
-Heart attacks, a variety of cardiac diseases in which stress plays a major role, are responsible for 50% of all deaths in the United States.
-About 24 million Americans start using drugs to relieve stress.
-About 10 million Americans are alcoholics. For them, alcohol is the best way to relieve stress and nervous tension.
-More than 40 million American citizens suffer from stress-induced headaches.
-Insomnia and nightmares are a problem for 30 million stressed Americans.
-The majority of work-related accidents are related to emotional health issues. About 2 million injuries resulting in permanent disability and about 15,000 deaths occur each year.